Monday 31 December 2018

Just in time

Just in time...
It is the last day of December: time to reflect on 2018 before the midnight chimes sound the death knell of the old year and a new year begins. 
Writing:
I’ve not written as much as I had planned this time last year. But I have written. And I have started to submit my work again. I count that as a good thing. 

Successes:
I have seen stories published in Woman’s Weekly Fiction Special and the Yours 2019 Annual.
Several of my letters have been printed in various magazines.
I have had a couple of shoutouts in the Mslexia subscribers’ newsletter, littlems.
I was a runner-up in a competition run by Writers’ Forum which resulted in a sale.

Writing friends:
In June I visited Helen and Mike Walters at their glorious Solus Or Writing Retreat.
In August I went to the Swanwick Writers’ Summer School where I met several writing buddies, both old and new.

My desk at Solus Or with its incredible view
New Year plans:
I hesitate to state in a public forum exactly what I hope to achieve in 2019. Real life too often intervenes to knock us off our chartered course. I have though privately committed some intentions to paper to give me a focus.

I definitely want to write more, submit more, enter more competitions, and be published more often. 

I intend to return to Solus Or.

I hope also to return to Swanwick.



Happy New Year to all and may all your writing dreams come true in 2019.

6 comments:

  1. Life does get in the way, usually when you least want it. But you've still achieved a lot- well done.

    All the best with your plans and Happy New Year.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're writing, even if you've not done as much as you'd hoped.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patsy. Hope to be much more active in the next twelve months. Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your publications. Here's to many more in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay. Looking forward to sharing news of your writing successes in 2019. Happy New Year.

      Delete