Monday 7 January 2019

Keep it up!

Photo: The People’s Friend, used with my article
“A History of Women’s Football” published Nov 2014
2019 has only just begun, the ink on the New Year Resolutions barely dry. It is too soon to celebrate the long-term successes, or bewail the failure, of those good intentions. 

In general terms my resolutions for the year are: to blog regularly; write everyday; aim to have something published every month; to join a critique group.

A philosophical take on the prompt “swing”
Let me share what I have begun.

Blog regularly: Well, here I am, blogging! Week one achieved.

Write everyday: #vss365 Each morning I have written a tweet-length very short story using the daily prompt. It’s a good warm-up exercise. Six days achieved, only 359 to go.

Paragraph Planet, 4th January 2019.
Publication: Paragraph Planet publishes a different 75 word story every day. In the past I aimed for one per month, and for a while was successful but then let my submissions slip. My first submission of 2019, made on 1st January, was published on the 4th. Eleven more needed.

Critique group - I have reconnected with some experienced writing buddies and have already shared my first story, and received some helpful suggestions. Achieved!

Now all I need to do is keep up the good work.

6 comments:

  1. I love both of these. I aim to do more of the vss365 but won't manage every day. Good luck with the next 358 ( because you've done another today!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay. I shall enjoy reading yours too. It’s interesting how word can trigger so many different stories.

      Delete
  2. Well done Bea. Keep it going.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. It feels good to have made a positive beginning.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Patsy. It’s that magical time of the year when there is so much promise in the air.

      Delete