Monday 16 March 2015

Bea Grateful

I started my writing week with a rejection. “No real surprises” was the damning comment in the rejection email. So why am I grateful?

Because I received a response, even if it wasn’t the one I would have liked. Someone with an experienced eye has read my story and taken the time to tell me it is not quite right. Now I must examine the story and work out what is wrong with it before I correct and tweak it to suit a different market.
In the meantime I am grateful to see that my news article has been published in the current edition of Writers’ Forum, together also with a letter. I also have letters in the March 21st editions of The People’s Friend and Amateur Gardening.

I still get a thrill when I see my name in print, even if for something as small as a letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment